If you can measure, mix, pour and bake, then there’s no reason why this delicious specimen can’t be cooling on your benchtop, as this one did on mine recently.
I have no ability to take in the intricacies of an intriguing story or keep track of a workplace crisis and cook simultaneously – something must be ignored, usually the food. For that very reason, when friends are dining, I need to make sure as little attention as possible needs to be given to food after the gathering arrives. A baked cheesecake is a clever culinary solution, as it can sit cooling its heels in the refrigerator from the day prior – its flavours rounding out beautifully by serving time. That being, not a thread or mere detail of the latest goss is lost, when all that is required is to slice and pass.
And as this recipe yields such a generous cake, there is plenty left over for neighbourhood coffee banter the following morning.
To ensure you miss nothing either at your next do, get this simple Baked Raspberry Cheesecake happening in your oven well in advance.
250g packet of Granita or other sweet biscuits
125g melted butter
250g softened cream cheese
250g ricotta cheese
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornflour blended into 1 tbsp water
a generous handful or so of fresh or frozen raspberries
- Process biscuits to crumbs and then add melted butter. Process briefly until combined.
- Press this mix into the base of a large greased springform cake tin and place in the refrigerator.
- Process all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the raspberries until smooth.
- Pour this mix over chilled base. Sprinkle raspberries evenly over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 150 degree celsius oven for approximately 50 minutes or until cheesecake has set.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm. Serve with thick cream.
Postscript: should you not be in possession of a food processor, don’t walk away. The biscuits can be crushed with a rolling pin and the filling beaten with a hand mixer.
4 thoughts on “Baked”
That looks delicious!
It is, you need to try one!
Looks amazing! Love cheesecake!
Well this one is so easy – great to have as a backstop when your mind is a blank and people are coming!